Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sappy Post WARNING - This song makes me cry!

Now Im not generally a big country music fan.
But the radio station on my phone occasionally busts out w a country song
this one
every time it comes on I get all choked up and teary eyed (sappy sod)
anyways it just played
and reminded me
I was talking to my friend the other night.. we've been friends since we were very small.
and we were spilling our guts to each other because we hadn't talked in months
and was I telling her that sometimes
life is just like this..

you know when you're driving down the freeway,
and its night,
and its starts to FREAKING POUR rain,
and you realize your windshield wipers need to be replaced because you cant see a damn thing
and at first you panic and feel like you should just stop right there
but your on the FREEWAY
you CANT STOP
you have to keep going
or the guy behind you will slam into you
so you work with what little visibility youve got
white knuckled
and unsure
and a little bit terrified because you cant see where youre going to well
and you JUST KEEP GOING

life is like that for her right now

life has been like that for me at times in the last year

and your family

and your friends

are the ones who stand by you
.. even if its just by listening
if your brave enough to share with them your troubles



heres the song..


It’s like a storm
That cuts a path
It’s breaks your will
It feels like that

You think your lost
But your not lost
on your own
Your not alone
I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
If you can’t cope

I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I wont let go

It hurts my heart
To see you cry
I know it’s dark
This part of life
Oh it finds us all
And we’re too small
To stop the rain
Oh but when it rains

I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you’ve done all you can do
And you can’t cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight

-rascal flatts

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete